03 March 2021
February 2021 | PeerBerry maintains a stable growth trend
February was the shortest month of the year – three days shorter than January, however, the amount funded on the PeerBerry platform was 3% higher than in the first month of the year. The total amount of 30.28 million EUR was funded through PeerBerry in February – the best result in the history of PeerBerry so far.
The main PeerBerry figures for the end of February 2021
- the total loan volume originated since inception: 450 354 382 EUR (+7.2% growth)
- the loan volume originated in February: 30 276 399 EUR (+3% vs January 2021)
- the number of loans originated in February: 180 747 (+7.3% vs January 2021)
- the interest earned by investors since inception: 4 870 586 EUR (+7.5% growth)
- the average annual ROI at the end of February: 11.67% (-0.56 pp vs January 2021)
- the average nominal interest rate of loans originated in February: 11.07% (-0.63 pp vs January 2021)
- the number of investors at the end of February: 32 193 (+1181 new investors per month)
PeerBerry’s total portfolio amounted to 40.34 million EUR at the end of February.
“As was planned, in February our partners had a slightly lower need to borrow through the platform. This was reflected in lower interest rates and the overall offer of loans on the platform. We see that international markets are getting more active and this will bring more opportunities to our investors to invest on the PeerBerry platform” – says Arūnas Lekavičius, CEO of PeerBerry.
February was an active month for PeerBerry in terms of regulation process and products development.
The AML procedures were reviewed, analyzed, and coordinated with the regulator. AML is one of the largest-scale projects/areas in the whole regulation process, as it involves both borrowers’ AML (verification, clients scoring procedures, etc.) in third countries, and platform’s business partners (loan originators), and investors.
In February, the PeerBerry team implemented pre-planned improvements and updates in the platform system and prepared for the launch of the mobile application.