This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, use, amend, deliver, disclose, delete or otherwise act on information.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
2. Type of information we collect and store
We collect information when you come directly to use PeerBerry services through our website. To provide full range of services we will collect some or all of the following information:
– Personal information for identification: name, surname, business name, date of birth;
– Contact and communication information: address, email, phone number as well as recommendations, comments, requests, inquiries;
– Transactional information: records of payments made to received from AV Marketplace SIA;
– Contractual information: applications and agreements concerning the use of our services;
3. The bases on which we process information about you
The controller of the processing of the personal data is the website operator AV Marketplace SIA. The General Data Protection Regulation states that we are only allowed to use personal information if we have a genuine reason to do so.
AV Marketplace SIA will only use your personal information for one of the following reasons:
– To fulfil an agreement, we have with you. When you create an account on our website or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We process this information on the basis there is an agreement between us, or that you have requested us to use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
– When it is in our legitimate interest. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
– whether the same objective could be achieved through other means;
– whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm;
– whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
– record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business;
– responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response;
– protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party;
– insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk;
– protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
– When it is our legal duty. We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a court order. This may include your personal information.
4. Specific use of information provided to us
Sending a message to our support team: when you contact us by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
Complaining: when we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint.
We are entitled to process personal data also for other purposes if they are necessary for performance of the obligations provided by the law or if such goals are justified for performance of the agreements entered into with and/or between the users.
5. Transfer and disclosure of personal data
– Persons to whom the portal operator is obliged to transfer user’s personal data based on the signed agreements with the user and law;
– Persons providing the accounting services to AV Marketplace SIA;
– Persons providing legal assistance in connection with agreements concluded with the users;
– Persons providing collection of debts and other related services for collection of contractual debts of the user.
We are entitled to transfer your personal data to the third persons in any other case only when there is justified interest for ensuring the performance of the agreements signed with users and the transfer of information does not contradict the law.
6. Information Security and Third Parties
We are taking all necessary measures to ensure the security of personal data and avoid undue access by third parties, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
– We encrypt the transmission of data to our websites using high grade encryption and digital certificates. We constantly review and test our encryption and security measures to ensure they are appropriate;
– We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems;
– We restrict access to areas of our systems where personal information is stored to those our employees who need to know that information to be able to carry out our day-to-day business activities. The people who access these areas are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
In order to ensure information transmission within the world wide web environment, PeerBerry recommends that before starting the use of the website, the user makes sure that the information is kept secure when being online, the computer is equipped with a working and up to date antivirus software, as well as that the computer’s operating system is equipped with the latest available safety improvements.
7. Disclosure and sharing of your information
8. Access to your own information, marketing and account deletion.
Access to personal information. At any time you may review personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on PeerBerry website. Part of your personal information you can change in your client’s profile Settings. Other part of personal information can be changed by sending as a request to email email@example.com.
Marketing. We will never pass your personal details on to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Where you are an existing customer or have previously requested the use of our services, we may use your personal information to inform you about relevant services and offers. You can opt out at any time by changing your contact preferences within the personal profile area. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will still provide you with statements, legal notices and other important information such as changes to your existing services to meet our legal and contractual obligations to you.
Account deletion. If you wish us to delete your personal date and account which you have at PeerBerry, you may send us a request to do that. Option to leave as a request for account deletion you can find in 2nd registration step (useful for unfinished registrations) or Settings in your PeerBerry account (useful for finished registrations). You also can send as a request for account deletion to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Retention of Data
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of PeerBerry.
After your relationship with PeerBerry ends, we may keep your data for up to 5 years as required for us to respond to any queries or complaints, to maintain records according to rules and regulations that apply to us, and to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities.
10. Other matters
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to contact the data protection supervisory authority, the Data State Inspectorate, Blaumaņa iela 11/13-15, Riga LV-1011, phone: 67223131, email: email@example.com.